POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Shade 7 (anyone?) : Shade 7 (anyone?) Server Time
18 May 2024 12:51:10 EDT (-0400)
  Shade 7 (anyone?)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 2 Dec 2004 15:40:00
Message: <41af7da0$1@news.povray.org>
Just curious if anyone has used Shade 7.  I downloaded the demo recently,
but since it doesn't export/save, it's pretty hard to say if it would be
real useful.

It's fairly cheap if you are a Poser 5 owner, and allegedly, it's very
popular in Japan.

Incidentally, I noticed that if you're a Poser 5 owner, you can buy the LE
version of Shade and then upgrade to the Standard version, and you'd save
$15 as opposed to buying the Standard version directly (funny).  I'm at the
point where I've played around with several 3D modellers (most recently,
Wings3D), but really haven't become very familiar with any of them.  I
wouldn't mind spending some money on a worthwhile product, as long as it's
not hundreds of $$$ (i.e. Cinema4D, 3DS, etc.)  On the other hand, if
Wings3D is much more effective, why buy something else...

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com